Vagina touched blood on toilet seat! Help me please!

Hi doctor,

Please take this time to review my question. A little history of myself, I have anxiety and depression issues. Recently I had an exposure which caused me to panic very badly and I am hoping for your rescue.

I want to know if blood can seep through the vaginal opening and as a result come into contact with the mucous membranes?

I ask this because I had an encounter in a public restroom. I am female,23 years old..I was waiting inline to enter a cubicle at a public female toilet. After a woman came out, i entered and immediately sat down to pee. After that I saw that my shoelaces were loose so I scooted forward, allowing my vagina to touch the toilet seat while I tie my shoelaces. I have no idea why I allow that to happen, it was foolish of me and I really regret now.

So when I stood up, I see blood on the inner rim of the toilet seat, half sticking out. My vagina must have gotten into contact with the blood! I don't know how dry or wet it is. I immediately panicked.

I want to know what are my risks of contracting HIV if the woman before me is HIV positive? Do I need to go for a HIv test? What I am afraid is that blood will stick onto the opening of my vagina and seep through the opening , and come into contact with the mucous membranes in my vagina. Thank you

Hi HIV transmission by sitting on a toilet seat is extremely rare to impossible. HIV transmission occurs when there is a prolonged exposure to body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mother to child through breast feeding. Just by sitting on the toilet seat does not allow that type of contact to occur. The other piece of information to know is that once HIV leaves the body it immediately begins to die and becomes unable to infect.

Your risk of HIV transmission by sitting on a toilet seat is again rare to impossible.

hiv testing
Do i need testing??????