Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please I am stressed out with this esr rate :(
Aug 5, 2013

I had transvaginal ultrasound on November 30th 2012.. next day I had loose black stool and headaches.. my periods were very heavy and sticky.. had joint pains .. i tested for cbc and esr on 15th day after ultrasound.. my lymphocyte count was just 16% and esr rate 40 mm/1hr.. all were normal.. I did esr test also on Nov 7th because I was diagnosed with typhoid and it was just 10 mm/1hr before .. soo my question is I am convinced that i contracted HIV through ultrasound.. had UTI infection also after that.. a painful sore formed near my vulva.. my neck is paining.. i also had a painful sore formed under my arm.. had a pink blotch on right upper arm.. which lasted till today.. sticky vaginal cottage discharge which is itchy .. still had many symptoms that I cannot write only.. all symptoms related to HIV.. tested negative for HIV and other std after 3 months.. HIV test was rapid.. again at 6th month I had a 2nd rapid test....negative again.. doctor please tell me what all tests to follow to rule out all strains of HIV i.. I am from india.. please tell me what all tests to be formed.. your suggestions would ease my anxiety and fear.. i never been in a relationship with anyone except my husband.. he is also clear from all std.. just tell me what should i do now..

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Sorry you are going through all this. I can tell you that after what you have described and the results of your testing that it is not HIV! Guidelines for HIV testing are to be tested after 90 days from possible exposure and as long as there are no other possible exposures during this time the results are conclusive.

What I do recommend is that you continue follow up with your health care provider for the symptoms that you are experiencing as obviously something is going on but again it is not HIV from what you have described to me.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
HIV infection possibility
Next
hiv testing

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.