HIV infection possibility

Hello. I am a 26 yr old male. When I was 19 or 20. I did heroin which was also my last time...not the smartest thing to do I know and I have been clean. I did it with my friends boyfriend. I met her and then started becoming friends with him as well. He said that the needle was clean and that I can go first because he knows I dont have anything if Im scared. So I did go first and he went after me using the same needle. A couple months ago I was reading something and it mentioned needles and hiv. All of a sudden a thought entered my mind about when i tried heroin. What if the needle was dirty. It looked clean to me i thought. My question is. Is it possible for me to be posotive? I stopped talking to those people a long time ago. Please help.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

HIV does not live well outside of the body and starts to die the moment it leaves the human body. While infected blood in the barrel of the needle can survive for longer periods of time, it is unlikely that any blood present would have been able to infect you with HIV.. Hepatitis C however would be a concern because it can live for up to a couple of weeks in dried blood.

My concern in this situation is that you are 26, this happened when you were 19, and you don't mention being tested for HIV or other STD's since then.

Anyone who is sexually active in the slightest should be tested for all STD's, including HIV at least once a year. Every six months is even better.

I would suggest visiting your doctor or local clinic for a full round of STD testing.

In health,

Richard

Worried Sick
please I am stressed out with this esr rate :(