Worried Sick

Hello About 6 weeks ago, I was sexually involved with a lady. Prior to that, I had been a 100% faithful to my wife The sexual activity involved the following: - sucking the lady's nipple for like 5 minutes - inserting my finger into her for like 5 minutes and - she sucking my penis for like 3 minutes, rubbing the tips of her tongue on the head of my pennis Exactly a week after the incident, I developed a mild headache and sore throat that lasted for a week and a pain on my elbow. I got very worried and started searching for this lady. I got the lady about 4 weeks (precisely 20 days after the encounter) and had her tested, she was negative, but admitted to having numerous sexual partners and having unprotected sex with them Last week, I started feeling some pains on my scrotal balls (both). I am worried sick, I don't know if I have been infected with the virus. I have not been able to have sex with my wife since then. Please advice. Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

This incident was not high-risk. HIV transmission was extremely unlikely. So unlikely that I would prefer to say "no-risk".

Oral sex does however put you at risk for other STD's such as Syphilis, Gonorrhea, and Chlamydia.

I would suggest a full STD screening at 30 days to be certain. Be advised the 30 day window does not apply to HIV. If you feel you need to test for HIV then you will have to wait until 90 days for that.

In health,

Richard

why is window period is less at low risk
HIV infection possibility