Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd POST PLEASE ANSWER!!!
Aug 2, 2013

Can the rash that is sometimes associated with ARS be spread by contact? (Example: If I have a 1.5" diameter rash on my right arm, it is circlular, and I touch the rash completely covering it with my left arm... Can the rash spread to my left arm in the exact location I touched the rash on my right arm?) I guess what I am asking is can the rash, which is sometimes associated with ARS be spread by external contact.

I had unprotected cunnilingus 3 weeks prior to rash outbreak, then sore throat 3-4 days after rash outbreak. My throat is not sore, just the back of my mouth. Not sure if this is in line with sore throats associated with ARS or if it is from me checking it all time, or my anxiety is causing the sore throat. I made a huge mistake, and have two young kids and a wonderful wife. The thought of raising them with HIV, or not being there for them, or losing them altogether is creating EXTREME anxiety for me. I have tested with oraquick three times already, and can't wait for 3 months. I tested at 1 week, 3 weeks, and 25 days... all negative... but can't wait for 3 months. I got my rash while riding in a biking event 75 miles on a saturday and 75 miles on a sunday. The rash is actually on my upper thigh, and it spread in the exact shape and location where my stomach touchs my thigh when I ride. I noticed the rash on my thigh on saturday, and on my stomach on sunday. I wasn't sure if I had a sore throat or not on Monday or Tuesday, then pretty sure I had one on Wednesday and Thursday and friday, but it is mild. It feels ok when I wake up and gets worse throughout the day.

Please answer my questions specifically about the rash. I understand symptoms are no way to diagnose, I'm just looking for some reassuracne that the rash was caused by soemthing other than ARS.

Thank You for what you do, this site is by far the most informational, and trustworthy of all the sites I've been surfing and maxing out my anxiety!

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

I'll assume the cunnilingus was not with your wife...

That being said, you cannot spread the rash associated with ARS from one part of your body to another by touching the rash and then touching another part of your body. Furthermore, the rash would not appear by itself. It would appear with a host of other symptoms.

The likelihood of HIV transmission from a one-time incident of oral sex is fairly non-existent.

Last, but certainly not least: It sounds like the rash is from riding your bike. Whatever it is from, it is NOT from HIV.

In health,

Richard

Previous
mouth ulcer and oral sex
Next
Help, please!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.