Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

risk of hiv by doing masturbation after condom removal
Aug 2, 2013

Hi i am 24 years old boy from India.Around 2 months ago i lost my virginity with a girl of unknown hiv status.During our lovemaking,i first touched the tip of my uncircumcised penis, without condom ,to the outside of her vagina for few seconds.I didnot penetrated her without condom. Then i put up condom and did intercourse for 10-15 min but i didnt ejaculate.Then she asked me to stop.Then i take my penis out of her vagina and entered the bathroom.There i removed the condom with my hand and immediately i started masturbation with that hand without washing it.After 5-10 min of masturbation, i ejaculated.Now ,after 2 months of that incident , i had sore throat for a week and then symptoms of cold (like runny nose). Now i am very worried because of following 3 reasons: 1.If she is hiv positive , is there any risk of transmission to me when i touched the tip of my uncircumcised penis to the outer part of her vagina without condom?(I also saw some drops of vaginal fluid on her pubic hairs) 2.After intercourse ,when i removed my condom(which was covered with her vaginal fluids),what is the risk of hiv when i did masturbation with my fingers having her vaginal fluids? 3.What is my risk of getting other stds, with my these activities? Which tests i should be got tested for ? I am hoping that u will answer my questions soon. WITH MANY MANY THANKS AND BEST WISHES

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

1. No. Penetration needs to occur for their to be a risk of transmission.

2. None. HIV does not live well outside of the human body.

3. Syphilis is transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. Using a condom helped lower the risk but transmission is still possible.

In health,

Richard

Previous
Unusual way of HIV transmission?
Next
Was I at risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.