Unusual way of HIV transmission?

Dear Richard,

I am Von from the Philippines. I have an HIV positive friend and on ARV for now and I share bed with him. We do not have any sexual relationships at all. One time, I did masturbate and wipe my penis with a paper towel but I just realized that the paper towel touched an area in my bed with some stain probably a dried semen from my friend but not so sure too. He slept in the same bed around two days ago and I suspect that the semen is probably at least dried for two days. Is HIV transmission possible this way? Should I worry about testing ?

Thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi Von,

Thanks for writing in. HIV is not transmitted that way. The situation you described would be considered casual contact. HIV is not transmitted through casual contact.

Check out our section on HIV transmission . I think you will find it very informative.

In health,

Richard

Symptoms with negative tests
risk of hiv by doing masturbation after condom removal