insertive fallatio risk

I had a unprotected insertive fallatio from a CSW 4 weeks ago July 5th. I now i have mild irritation hours after ejaculation. I have had sex with my wife twice since then. Now 3 days ago my wife tells my he vagina is itchy. First of I know i made a mistake. I'm willing to take responsibility.

I went to doc and heath departt on 22nd 18 days post exposure. Health depart told me it is likely NGU and gave me medicine on the spot. She told me not to have sex for a week and I should be fine no follow up necessary. After treatment she told me and my wife be able to resume normal sex life, no further testing.

23rd test results back Urinalysis clean, rapid plasma clean, hiv 1 and 2 neg and chlamydia gc neg. I know i have herpes 1 at least, I tested for it 6 years ago and i get a cold sore every 3 years or so. doc said i probably had it for a while based on the test. He clams their is not test for the specific type but I've read differently. I saw my urologist and he said its not herpes in my urethra, hes not seen that happen in 30 years of practice and it would be extremely painful if it did. Wife's itchiness and burning has no sores although she has developed a rash. My urethra no longer hurting.

Urethra was mildly burning after ejacu for 2 weeks. 18 day std test are neg. What else do i test for? How long do I need to wait to test and for what stds. I am concerned about hiv and hep b/c.

I got more test at health depart as well for similar stuff all neg except syphilis its not back yet. I am confidant that I have contracted a std and may have passed it to my wife. My doc and the health depart doc did a visual check of my penis and think it looks clean for herpes or anything like that. I have had 2 hep b shots over the last year or so but not in the recommend time frame. I don't want to give my wife anything if i haven't already. I will wait 6 m if I have to. I want to know what else I should be tested for and when. I have diarrhea for weeks now and seem like there is fluid in my throat.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

So far you've done everything I would have suggested you do. Except for Syphilis, by 18 days I would have expected your tests to come back reactive if there was a Chlamydia or Gonorrhea infection. NGU can be tricky to diagnose since there is more than one bacteria that causes it.

Since you were given antibiotics whatever you had has likely been cured. I would suggest having your wife visit the doctor. Untreated in women, it can progress to PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is something you do not want.

NGU is not always transmitted via sexual contact. That being said, if she needs treatment it will be up to you whether or not you tell her how she became infected.

In health,

Richard

How soon should I get tested for HIV/STD?
Symptoms with negative tests