Jul 31, 2013
When is a test conclusive if you don't know the status of the male who you had sex with. We were both under the influence and I am fairly certain protection was used but not 100%. It happened at the beggining of march and I tested at the beginning of August... So 5 months. Is this conclusive? A blood test EIA HIV 1/2 was done. Thank u
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The testing guidelines are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive. So yes 5 months and as long as there were no other exposures during this time you are HIV free.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With Hooker Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
- Is Burning Penis A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do People Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.