Transmission of HIV with blood in food

Hi, I was diagnosed with HIV about 2 months ago and started medication immediately, I was told my viral load is 38000. Just yesterday after I have 4 wisdom tooth extraction. After the surgery, I went to have a meal(separate food) with my sister. When I was eating my porridge, my sister suddenly take a scoop of porridge using her spoon at the middle portion. I doesnt have the time to react due to the anesthesia. The porridge is lukewarm and I understand that sharing food is alright but the thing is I just had my surgery done. I did not see any blood in the porridge but my inner gums are bleeding. I am quite worried about her, she doesn't have gum problems from what she told me, but do you think she might get infected?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

This doesn't sound like a risky situation at all.

It's important to keep in mind, that overall the mouth (your sister's in this case) is not an efficient way for HIV to enter the body. Another way of saying that is people don't really get infected that way.

On top of that, it's unlikely that a significant amount of your blood got into the porridge (if any actually did). This makes it really hard to believe that any blood got into your sister's mouth at all.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Hiv from blood hair follicle
Ejaculate on chest