Frottage Fears

Last night, I engaged in frottage with another man. Specifically, I rubbed my penis against his anus. While I'm pretty sure penetration did not occur, it felt as though the tip of my penis may have come into contact with the inner portion of the sphincter once or twice. After that, we stopped the frottage, then masturbated and ejaculated. I understand that there is little to no risk of contracting HIV just by rubbing against the outer part of the anus, but my situation seems slightly different. That is rubbing against a distended anus.

The other man stated that he was "clean" when I asked, but this isn't definitive of course. Ultimately, I'm concerned about exposure to anal mucus and the possible risk that places on me. Should I be highly concerned and seek post-exposure prophylaxis?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I understand where your curiosity is coming from, but it's important to remember that the penis really needs to be inside the anus to possibly come in contact with the fluid (blood in this case) that could infect you.

It doesn't sound like this happened for you though! You were always outside the anus therefore really didn't have a chance to come in contact with blood.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Late Stage HIV infection with OIs?
Risks of getting deseases while blood sampling