Possible exposure

Hello again... Will you please answer?!?! I have asked many times and am very concerned. I will make a donation. My family stayed in the home of a family member with AIDs. They have had it for years and are on meds and doing well. Supposedly undetectable viral load. They had two huge scrape/scabs on their lower legs which we saw them pick at from time to time. My wife saw wet blood under the picked scabs. If this person touched something with his finger after touching his blood, and then my son immediately touched that same surface and then stuck his finger in his bleeding nose or pin prick ear cut, could he acquire HIV? They were sharing an xbox remote at one time. I ask because he picks his nose till it bleeds (bad habit from seasonal allergies). 7.5 weeks after possible exposure, he got sick with sore throat, headache, and just not feeling well. I caught it too later that week, so I relaxed some. 10 months later he got a rash on his upper chest that spread to his back. Lasted shy of a week. Then 2 months later, he got some canker sores on his inner lower lip. Lasted about a week. Do I need to be concerned that this is HIV or was there no risk and I should move on? Please answer, as I love my son more than anything and am really worried. Thank you so much!

Hi The quick answer is no your son is HIV free. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mother to child through breast milk. In order for this transmission to occur there needs to be a significant amount of blood and prolonged contact. The other reason is because HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and is unable to infect. It's also a great thing to hear that your friend is on treatment and has an undetectable viral load which decreases the risk of HIV transmission.

So again, your son is fine.

Be well, Shannon

shannon please answer me am freaking out
sharing needle