CDC says this is negligible???

I was reading the most recent CDC fact sheet concerning HIV Infection that I can find and it says that thrown bodily fluids were considered negligible. I'm guessing that this would account for a mucous membrane or blood splash. Why is this mode of transmission considered negligible when it is still possible? Or is it only theoretically possible?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

Not to freak you out, but there are lots of "potential" ways to get HIV, BUT (and this is a big but) unless it's an efficient way to get HIV it probably won't happen.

HIV is a fragile virus outside the body and seriously needs a perfect storm of circumstances for transmission to take place. Check out our forum for more information about this circumstances.

Just because something is possible doesn't make it a huge cause for concern for the individual. Especially when there are many things in your control that can reduce the chance of getting HIV.

There are tons of things in the world that are possible but so unlikely to happen. Your energy is better spent thinking about things that are very likely.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Ars symptoms timing
shannon please answer me am freaking out