Oral Sex

On 18th May 2013, I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. I ejaculated in her mouth. After that she had cleaned my penis with soap. I have tested for HIV after 2 weeks and the result was Negative. I tested again at 6 weeks and HIV test was negative, but I tested positive for Herpes 1. What are my chances of not getting HIV ?. Please advise as I am very stress and very very worried. During my encounter I did not lick or suck or performed any oral sex on the sex worker. Please advise me why am I getting Oral Herpes 1 sores in my mouth, at my lip and under my tongue

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there The risk of acquiring HIV is low during oral sex. However, in the presence of other STDs (such as herpes) that risk can increase. The exact amount is impossible to quantify. Most tests for HIV would be considered very accurate by 6 weeks so my guess is that you are indeed negative. I would recommend retesting at 90 days (standard antibody tests are 97% accurate by then and conclusive at 6 months).

Feel free to browse our extensive articles on oral sex which are updated regularly.

http://www.thebody.com/index/safesex/oralsex.html

Right Axilla Swelling
Whats the risk of getting HIV from being fingered and rimmed