Had a protected sex when girl were having period.
Jul 29, 2013
I had a protected sex with a prostitute in china, I was wearing a letex condom, but when took the condom out there was blood on condom. I immediately changed a condom and she washed her vagina. then we had protected sex again with new condoms. But from that day I am really scared if i am having any risk of HIV. Please help me.
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Condoms are effective in preventing HIV transmission as long as they are used correctly, with water-based lubricant, and don't break. It sounds like in your case you used them correctly and they did not break so your risk is negligible.
Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- What Are The Chances Of High Risk Hpv Turning Into Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.