I am going crazy!!

I had sex with a guy whose known to sleep around about a week ago. During sex, the condom broke. It could not have been broken more than 5 minutes. He did not ejaculate inside of me however we did have rough sex that left me swollen. I have not had any fever or muscle aches. I have a sore throat and one tonsil is swollen but Im not sure if that's because Ive been crying myself to sleep almost everyday since it happened. I just had a negative HIV test and was so proud of myself. Im so scared I feel disgusting. Please tell me my chances of contracting the disease. My blood type is AB-, Im not sure if this is true but internet articles say its harder for my blood type to contract the disease. All I want to know is what are my chances??!! What should I do? I just pray my life isn't over.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Unfortunately it is impossible for me to give you the exact numbers you desire. If your male partner was HIV infected then it is certainly a possibility that you could have acquired HIV from him if the condom did not function properly. This article provides some information on transmission risk per act and you may find it useful. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/risk.html

Certainly, I would recommend getting HIV tested, results at 4 weeks are very accurate and by 90 days almost conclusive. Also, even if you were to be infected, it is NOT the end of the world. HIV is a chronic, manageable disease and you will be ok. Hope that helps. Take care, LHW

Can the testing stop please?
Extremely worried !!!!!!!!!!