Jul 29, 2013
does not water base lubs affect protection of condom ? even it don't break or slip of ?
Response from Ms. Southall
HI Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. The recommendation for water based lubricant is because oil base, vaseline, crisco etc. can cause the condom to breakdown and become ineffective.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
- How Long Does Chlamydia Last After Treatment?
- Smelly Vagina Always Mean An Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.