Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Shannon, pls help me out (Hiv & Skin)
Jul 28, 2013

Dear Dr, i had sex with a female both vaginal (with condom)and oral (but not anal) on September 15, 2012 Whos HIV status is unknown. After that,i was afraid of HIV. After 21 days later i suffered from fever (103 degree), cold, skin rush (grows suddenly- non itchy, non painful, emits liquid, sometimes bleed), vomiting, weight loss- 5 kg. but no lymph nodes yet.

i was almost in a suicidal stage knowing that these symptoms are related to HIV after exposure. i went to a Dr of Dermatology after 1 month and 24 days later and told him everything and he laughed and said "you don't have HIV, however i am giving you some tests". He suggested CBC,RBS,S.ACT,AST,S.Cretnine,VDRL,HCV Antibody,HIV antibody 1&2,Urine R/e M/E.

Results: (after 1 month and 25 days later)

Hematology report

Estimations carried out by automated Haematology analyzer System *2000i & checked manually Red blood cells Haemoglobin 14.8 g/dl Total RBC 4.86 million/cmm ESR 6 MCV 84 MCH 31 RDW 13% White Blood Cells Total WBC 11,800/Cmm circulating Eosinophils 350/cmm Differential count Neutrophils 55% Lymphocytes 38% Monoctes 04% Eosinophils 03% Baspohils 00% Others 00% Platelet Count Total platelet count 3,28,000/cmm MPV 9.2 fl

Serology Report

V.D.R.L Test (Non Reactive) Estimations are carried out by Nephelometer Dade Behring BN proSpec auto Analizer

Urine Examination Report

Epithelial cells- 1-2/HPF Pus cells- 2-4/ HPF R.B.C- Nil Amor Phosphate- Nil Casts- Nil Calcium Oxalate (+) crystals- Nil Uric Acid- Nil Amorphos urate- Nil Triple phosphate- Nil Sulphonamide crystale- Nil Mucus- Nil Others- Nil

Biochemistry Report Estimations carried out by Dimension R*L Max/ Vitros-250/Beckman Coulter- Cx5 Biochemistry auto Analyzer

Plasma Glucose Random 5.8 mmol/L corr. Urine sugar- nil S. Creatinine 1.0 mg/dl S.Bilirubin (Total) 0.33 mg/dl S.ALT (SGPT) 30 U/L S.AST (SGOT) 10 U/L

Immunology Report Estimations carried out by Vitros Eci/Abbott AxSys/Advia Centaur/Immulite 2000 Random Access Immunoassay Analyzer

Anti - HCV Negative (Cut off rate 1.00, Sample rate 0.08) HIV Antibody 1&2 Negative (Cut off rate 1.00, Sample rate 0.04)

Microbiology Report

Culture of Urine: Culture incubated aerobically at 37 degree Celsius has yielded no growth.

1.Please see my reports above and tell whether i am HIV positive or negative.

I showed the mentioned reports to my Dr. He said "you don't have HIV or STD. i replied "Sir you need to wait at least 3 months to complete window period to find HIV negative. He replied " yes you are true but examining other blood and urine report i can guarantee that you dont have HIV. To cause HIV your ESR, Haemoglobin, Total WBC, Lymphocytes, Total platelet count would go abnormal by which i could suspect whether HIV present in your body or not. Even if the HIV tests (negative) done to earlier, by watching supplementary reports i can say you are not HIV infected. You dont need to worry about and go ahead with your life. you are disease free but your skin is in allergic problem "

2. Are the above statements true given by Dr. after 1 month and 25 days later? Please answer

However, i did another Hiv Antibody test after 3 months and 10 days later of sexual contact. the result is:

Immunology Report Estimations carried out by Vitros Eci/Abbott AxSys/Advia Centaur/Immulite 2000 Random Access Immunoassay Analyzer

HIV Antibody 1&2 Negative (Cut off rate 1.00, Sample rate 0.03)

3. Can i trust on the HIV antibody 1&2 test which has been done after 3 months and 10 days later of sexual contact o i need to do it again after 6 months later to get the final result? Please answer

Dr has prescribed me the below mentioned medicine for 9 months periodically:

cetirizine hydrochloride(10 mg) ,Azithromycun (500 mg), cefredine (500 mg), fexofenadine hydrochloraide(120 mg), cefixime (400 mg), dapsone

Exovat skin ointment, Lacticare lotion, Halocort ointment, aristocort ointment, facid acid, skinalar N

4. Please see my medication mentioned above. But my skin rashes is not improving even if after 9 months later. It grows periodically( grows suddenly by itching and when matured it is non itchy, non painful,emits liquid, sometime bleed, size- .5 cm or 5 mm).What can i do for my skin? What is the diseases about? Does skin rash grow in hiv affected person in first year persistently? please answer

5. Please give me suggestion to overcome my skin problem. Thank you

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Let's start with your sexual encounter, you did everything right! Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. As you can see your risk of HIV transmission is extremely low! As for your testing it has shown that you are HIV free. Testing guidelines are to be tested at 90 days post exposure and as long as there no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive. You have had this done and it shows your HIV free.

Rest assured, breath and move on with life,

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
why m i ignored? posting 4th time
Next
Hiv problem , Shannon please help !

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.