The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

why m i ignored? posting 4th time

Jul 28, 2013


Should I be worried about HIV as I sucked hard on a commercial sex worker's breast 7 days before and felt a discharge (sour taste, which was briefly in my mouth and I expelled it), while having three open sores in my mouth?

I know its weird as I pressed hard on her boobs later and could not see any milk (hence believe could have been blood/some other secretion or sweat). I was heavily drunk, but am 100% sure that a) i did not insert her vagina/anus and b) i wore a condom at all times, which i came while doing a boob***.

I did a VIDAS HIV DUO test at 7 days which came back non-reactive. The Ag part of it came as ND. Is that Non-detected or Non-determined.

I know that testing at 12weeks is conclusive, but to boost my confidence, does non-reactive after 7 days, at least improve the probabilities?

Response from Ms. Southall

HI I apologize for the delay in getting a response to you. You are HIV free from this exposure. Mother to child transmission through breast milk is a risk that we talk a lot about and it's because of the amount of milk passed on to the baby. It has to be a significant amount. Suckling someones breast as an adult is not a risk for HIV transmission.

Your testing is showing that you are HIV free and having a negative test is a good sign. But again your risk of HIV transmission from this experience is none.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

re, pls answer me please
Shannon, pls help me out (Hiv & Skin)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint