Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dr. Erik please help, I have asked over 5 times, is there any hiv risk?
Jul 27, 2013

5 weeks ago I had an encounter with a guy, he first tried to finger my anus for a couple seconds, and I stopped him because I didn't like it, after that I had to check my phone, so I stood up and went away for some minutes, when I came back he tried to do it again for some seconds again, and I stopped him, about this I am worried because there might have been some precum in his finger, and I don't know if my anus could have been hurt, with a cut or something from the first time he tried fingering. After that happened he was having an erection and I was too, he took my penis in his hand and all of the sudden he touched my penis with his penis, for like a second, I stopped him and left right away , so again his precum worries me touching the tip of my pennis ( I am not circumcised), Two weeks after that I got a sore troath, but it could be related to a root canal I had a weeks before it happened, but since ARS has sore troath, it kind of worried me, I have been really bad these past 5 weeks because of that, I don't know if I was in risk,, should I get tested? or is just guilt?, has ever someone been infected like this? . Many things have been happening where I see the words hiv and aids, I went to a bar and I saw VIH music chanel, I saw world war Z and then I read it had metaphors about AIDS, I was in a plane and I turned to my right and the guy right next to me was reading a newspaper with huge letters saying AIDS, I am going crazy... THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP, I really need it.

Response from Mr. Glenn

This really seems like a case where you're feeling overwhelmed by the messages of HIV/AIDS that you're seeing.

The situation you're describing doesn't hold any risk for HIV. To get HIV, a body fluid carrying it needs to come out of someone's body and go immediately/directly inside of your body. All of this needs to happen, and none of it happened in your case. So now it's a question of how to help you calm your thoughts.

This can happen by talking with a professional who can help you manage your emotions. This can also happen by talking with a trusted friend, family member, or clergy person.

It can also help to talk with other men who have sex with men so that you don't feel alone. Men have sex with men all the time! This can definitely be a safe activity for all involved! You can find them at a local community center, social group, or online.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
HIV Through wound and needle
Next
RE : very scared HIV ? Ars risk ? (May 30) , dr. Glenn

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.