Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV Through wound and needle
Jul 27, 2013

Sir i have a question I had a protected sex with a girl 24 days before . i had some cuts on my upper lips probably bleeding.if she also had cuts on her lips or bleeding 1) what are the chaces to get infected in this way ? . And i also had some cuts on my finger where here vaginal fluid comes in contact i think. 2) what are the chances to get infection this way? My last question is that i was tested negative by RNA PCR after 17 days of exposure . I Didnt saw the nurse using new syringe , if the same syringe was used for drawing blood of hiv + person , 3)then what are the chances of geting infection ? 4) How reliable is my 17 days RNA PCR test . Reply me please . Thanks

Response from Mr. Glenn

It doesn't sound like there was any risk from any of what you're describing.

No risk from protected sex, no risk unless there was SIGNIFICANT cuts on your finger, no risk from your blood being drawn (medical centers use very strict procedures), no need for PCR test if you had no risk.

If you find that you're still very worried even after hearing information about your lack of risk, it's probably time to talk with a professional who can help you manage your feelings.

Hope this helps,

Erik

Previous
help
Next
Dr. Erik please help, I have asked over 5 times, is there any hiv risk?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.