Fistful of Dollars or a Fistful of Fear
Jul 26, 2013
In November 2012 I received a hand job and sucked the breast of a massage gal. I am not sure if I tasted milk. Since that time I have been sick on and off many times.
The list of symptoms is gastritis, sore throat, swollen testicle,and thrush. I have taken many antibiotics since this event.
In January 2012 I got thrush.(on cheeks and gums) This really shook me to the core. It was about 4 weeks after my last antibiotic.
Since the risk I have been tested as follows;(all by rapid antibody fingerstick)
TWICE in November,Twice December, Twice January, Twice February, Twice March, Twice April, Twice May, Twice June, Twice July. All results NEGATIVE. (tested negative today)
I also had a two DUO tests(Abbot Architect) in May & June!!!!!! Both Negative.
STDS negative. REgular blood work showed very slightly elevated WBC.
Before this my only health issue was sinusitis.
Here is my concern; This past Saturday it looks like i got thrush again but this time on the back of my tongue. It only lasted a few hours. I could scrape a little white goo off. I didnt go to the DR this time. Its been about 40 days since my last antibiotic. I am scared.
1. Do I need more tests? ( I already had so many antibody tests & 2 duos)Nobody will test me again.
2. Can I sleep with my wife?
3. Do I need psych help?
4. Can I focus on my life and forget about hiv?
Response from Dr. Wohl
1. You do not need any more HIV tests. See many posts about breast sucking, hand jobs and other activities that do not transmit HIV.
2. Whether you can or can not have sex with your wife may be up to her. Since you are not HIV+ you do not have to worry about transmitting HIV to her.
3. If you can not move on and stop obsessing about HIV, then, yes, I would recommend professional mental health assistance.
4. See number 3.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Likelihood Of Contracting Hiv From Hiv-positive Person
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
- Will Hpv 16 And Hpv 18 Go Away On Its Own?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- What Type Of Doctor Removes Genital Warts?
- What Percent Of The Population Has Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.