What is this type of HIV test? and how accurate?
Jul 26, 2013
I got tested for hiv a while back and it says on the paper: "IMMUNODOSAGE I (RIA - EIA) HIV 1 p24 Ag + HIV 1+2 Ac.. NEGATIF" What generation does this test belong to, and how accurate is it.. Note that i took this test 11 weeks after possible exposure..
Thank you in advance.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Looks like a combination antibody and p24 antigen test. Immunodosage is French for immunoassay. This test should be very accurate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Does And A Woman With Hiv Infect A Man That Is Not Infected?
- What Is Risk Of Hiv From Unprotected Sexual Exposure?
- Are Canker Sores Associated With Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Results For An Hiv Blood Test?
- How Does Hiv Enter The Male Body?
- Will Hepatitis C Cause Sores On The Skin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.