What is this type of HIV test? and how accurate?
Jul 26, 2013
I got tested for hiv a while back and it says on the paper: "IMMUNODOSAGE I (RIA - EIA) HIV 1 p24 Ag + HIV 1+2 Ac.. NEGATIF" What generation does this test belong to, and how accurate is it.. Note that i took this test 11 weeks after possible exposure..
Thank you in advance.
Response from Dr. Wohl
Looks like a combination antibody and p24 antigen test. Immunodosage is French for immunoassay. This test should be very accurate.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.