risk finger in anus, oral sex and test
Jul 23, 2013
Hi! I have some questions about risk of transmission and i would appreciate that you answer me for HIV and hepatitis b in each one, if possible: 1- How possible is the transmission for a receptor if someone inserts a finger in his/her anus (supposing the worst case that the person has some kind of wound in the finger)? 2- How possible is the transmission if I lick someone's penis with precum? 3- How precise is a exam taken 20 days before the contact?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your questions,
Here we go:
1) The case is the same for HIV and Hepatitis B. There would have to be an extreme wound on the finger AND some sort of trauma to the anus that would cause it to bleed. Anal sex is one example of this type of trauma, fingering typically is not.
2) The risk for both is possible but low.
3) You're curious about how accurate a test is before exposure? You haven't had any risk at that point, so it's only telling you about your prior HIV/STD status. If you're wondering about a test taken 20 days after exposure, the answer is "the precision is good but not good enough for us to consider accurate."
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
- Antigen P24 2 Weeks After Exposure
- Bilirubin And ALT Elevated With Tired, Weakness, Fever
- Can An Hiv-positive Person Attend Nursing School?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.