2 year old had ears nicked by hairdresser!

Hello. I am a very concerned mom at this point in time! I took my son to have his haircut at a hair place that cuts adults and children's hair. He is only two, but sat quite still. When the hairdresser was done cutting his hair she realized that she had cut both of his ears...they were both bleeding! I of course was very upset, as was she. I kept my fear to myself, but now just can't stop worrying. I do not know if he was cut by scissors or the clippers she used to buzz part of his hair. I do not know how long it had been in between my son's haircut and the person who had their haircut before him(just minutes). He is so little and I am so worried. I have no idea how well she had cleaned her tools or if they were even cleaned, but definitely know she didn't clean them in between customers, because they just move from one person right to the next. Please let me know as soon as possible if my baby is at risk for hiv from this experience or even hepatitis. I am so mad at myself for not taking him to a place that specializes in kids' haircuts. I need to know if I need to get him to the doctor right away. Thank you in advance!!! Very Worried Mom.

I understand your concern but do not think there is risk of HIV or other infection here. I agree that you should consult your pediatrician but there would have to have been an infected person cut with the same instrument right before your son got his hair cut and the clumsy barber would have had to really draw a good amount of blood. This seems very improbable and to place you child through blood draws seems excessive to me. Again, consult with your child's doctor but were I in your shoes I would not be worried.

Spencer's Vibrator
p24 antigen test at 2,3 and 6 weeks