Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is it HIV risk?? Worried!!!!
Jul 22, 2013

Hello, I have experienced several exposures that are keeping me worried and scared from the fact that I can be infected with STD. I had a girlfriend in the beginning of this year and we dated for a month before any sexual encounter. We decided to get tested for STDs before doing it, to have a healthy sexual relation. She had a negative ECLIA HIVCombi(I&II Antibodies + P24) with a value of 0.347<1 and I also tested negative. Though we tested, we always had protected sex but unprotected fellatalio . 1) The first question: was a one month period enough for 100% confirmed result?

After a couple of months i broke up with my girlfriend and I had 2 stupid encounters. First I went to a korean spa where frottage was done with the masseuse but nothing near her vagina, it was on her middle body (breasts and belly) and it was for less than 2 minutes until I ejaculated. The second encounter was in another spa where I had a handjob by the masseuse and she was fully clothed. I know these are shameful things to do but I was not thinking at the moment. After both encounters I had no symptoms just pimples on my back and shoulder which I think they have been always there.

2) The second question: Can I get HIV or any other STD by these encounters? Do I need to be tested over these actions?

Am really scared and I think its the guilt eating me up. A quick response would be appreciated.

Note: Am in a country where HIV is really rare

Response from Dr. Wohl

The testing you did with your girlfriend was high tech and conclusive even a month after any potential exposure. No worries there.

As to your more recent encounters, I see no risk for HIV or even other STDs.

I think you are good to go.

DW

Previous
Dr.Wohl. Please help me with this urgent situation!
Next
Spencer's Vibrator

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.