3rd time posting here...please help

Hi, 7 weeks ago, i had sex with an escort(not a costly one). It is the one instant i regret till this day. There is no single moment for which i didn't ask God for forgiveness. I never had sex before that and after that. I am 26 years old. I am an Asian. From past 2 weeks, i am getting sore throat near both my tonsils. It is burning. I did not perform any oral sex on her or neither did she. I used protection, but i didn't properly check if the condom was intact after sex. Anything might have happened. I read that condoms are only 85% safe from CDC site. I have not read the proper guidelines to use a condom. I just used it, that's all. I am the most stupid person in the world. She used some kind of lubricant inside her vagina. I don't know if it is water based or some other lubricant. My question is, without oral sex, does throat infection indicates HIV? I mean is it possible to get throat infection due to HIV without oral sex. Please answer. I am worried sick.

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. I would imagine that the lubricant she used was water based as she doesn't want to be come infected with anything either. A sore throat is not a symptom of HIV. I would recommend that you follow up with your health care provider for evaluation of the symptoms you are having.

Shannon please help.. want to start a family
Tested negative at 24 weeks post exposure I took pep