long awaited reply

Dear Expert,

this is the 3rd time i am asking the same question addressing to any Expert , I had addressed a concern more than 3 weeks ago , did not get reply yet.

I am a Male an had an expoure with HIV +ve female . i did many tests at var Intevals 2 weeks , 3 weeks , 4 weeks , 6 weeks and finaly 90 days and 91 day. the 90th day test titled HIV I & II Antibodies , the metod By 4th geeration Elisa & Tridot sopt method " Lab claims this is one of the best methods . the result says NON-Reactive.

on 91th day i did a test in diffrent lab , the test name HIV-DUO by CMIA ( IV geneation test)the result shows NON REACTIVE ( 0.09) and thenremark says Non eacive below 1.0 index , Reactive 1.0 index & above

my questions

1- How reliable both test ? do this test look for Both anti gines and anti Bodies ? or only Anti Bodies ?

2- whyo ne test simpy said Non reactive while the oter iicated some Value?

3- am i at risk or i should have my full piece of mind after this var test ?

4- when we say HIV starts to die quickely once it leaves the body , is not the same can apply on the given blood sample in the labs ? i mean in that case also HIV may die before the lab takes the test is not this right ?

Thanks

Hi The testing guidelines are to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days post exposure and as long as there are no other exposures during this time, the results are conclusive. HIV does begin to die once it is outside of the body but in testing it is looking for your bodies antibodies being developed against HIV. These will be present and will be seen if indeed you have HIV. With your testing results showing negative to this point I would feel comfortable stating that you are HIV free.

Help very nervous
Shannon please help.. want to start a family