Is there a link between hiv and teeth grinding?
Jul 21, 2013
Pretty straightforward question. Is there any link between hiv and teeth grinding/bruxism? I know certain medications can cause this as a side effect however I am more curious about hiv and teeth grinding not as a side effect of medication. Ever hear anything?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi I have not heard of anything that this is a risk for HIV transmission. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid. Grinding of teeth would not create a circumstance for transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Urethra?
- Is Burning Urethra A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Odds Of Infection Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Black Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.