Helped to clean up blood off table after accident

Hi, I'm about to get married, however an incident that took place around 4 months ago keeps coming back to haunt me. I was at work one morning, and there was just me and this other girl there. She cut herself and blood was going everywhere. I did not touch her directly while she was bleeding, however, without thinking, I tried to clean up the blood that was on the table with tissues, and some of it went under my fingernails. From the knowledge that I have of the virus, I know that HIV doesn't live long outside the body, however, it's always in the back of my mind! Please don't ignore my question - I just need re-assurance that my thoughts that I am okay are correct.

Thank you :-)

Hi You're reassured! HIV transmission in this manner is extremely low to no risk at all. You would have to have fresh open wounds on you and have a prolonged exposure to the blood. You are correct that HIV does begin to die once outside of the body and is unable to infect.

please help Dr
Is there a link between hiv and teeth grinding?