Jul 17, 2013
i recently had vaginal sex with a girl who has been hiv positive for the past 5yrs with condom on 1st of july,now i am having fever,burning sensation all over my body especially my legs and foot,loss of appetite and body pains which started after about 5 days after the sex.could i have been infected with the hiv virus even though the sex was just once
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
There doesn't sound like you had any risk. Unless a condom breaks there isn't any risk for HIV, regardless if the person is HIV positive or not.
It's good that you used a condom, that's one of the best ways to keep you and your partners safe.
Hope this helps!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is Itchy Rash An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Do You Have To Wait Until You Can Get Tested For An Std?
- Stomach Pain And Heavy Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.