IM I INFECTED
Jul 17, 2013
MY BOY FRIEND IS POSITIVE ,HE WAS INSIDE FOR 4 SECONDS BEFORE WE GOT BACK TO OUR SENSE ,WILL L BE INFECTED
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The risk is small but there is a risk. Is your boyfriend on treatment? If so and his viral load is undetectable the risk of HIV transmission is reduced dramatically, but not completely. Accidents happen, glad you came to your senses and stopped. Your risk again is very small for transmission but because there was a small amount of time there is a small amount of risk and getting tested is a good thing to do. This not just for this experience but everyone should know their status.
Your overall risk is extremely low.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Can Somebody Get Infected With Hiv Through Drinking Infected Blood?
- How Does Hiv Transfer From Female To Male?
- Thrush Tounge First Symptoms Continue Antibiotics
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Though Cleaning Teeth?
- How Long Does Diarrhea Last In The Early Stages Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.