Shannon...please help, I am worried sick.

Hi Shannon. I hope you are doing well. I am worried sick and too embarrassed to call my doctor. I really need your help/advice. I bought a pair of cuticle scissors at the store to cut pubic hair...(I know this is gross, but I don't like shaving that area, because it's too sensitive and causes a lot of itching.)Anyways, I have done this for years with no problem. I got the scissors out of package and wiped them down with 91% by volume rubbing alcohol, I then noticed something dark on one of the scissor's little blades and was able to get it off with a towel and the alcohol, but there was a stain burnt into the metal, that I was assuming was there from the manufacturing process. I decided to soak the scissors in the alcohol for about 3 to 5 minutes, then I washed them with antibacterial soap and then wiped them down again with the rubbing alcohol. I have OCD, so I was worried, but decided there was no way there could be anything dangerous on them and fought the urge to just throw them away, and went ahead and used them to cut my pubic hair...of course this time, out of all the times I've done this in the past 15 years I cut myself on the labia. Needless to say, now I am worried to death that I have given myself something, especially since there was something on the scissor blade when I took them out of the package that even after cleaned left a stain on the scissors.

I follow the questions on this forum regularly and feel that I understand that there would be know way to get hiv this way, of course I am doubting myself! So my question is from what I described above, is there a possible way to have been hiv infected? Also, I am worried about hepatitis and tetnis. My last tetnis shot was in 2006. Please help. I am so worried and so embarrassed!!!

Thank you for the work that you do. I and so many others really appreciate the time you put into your work here!

Sincerely, Desperately worried...

Hi Rest assured you are fine and HIV free! You cannot get HIV from an inanimate object. If for any reason there were blood on the scissors, HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and is unable to infect, next because you wiped them down with alcohol this cleans the scissors from any bacteria or virus, it's just good practice to do this.

You are not at risk at all for HIV from this experience..

SAFE SEX
IM I INFECTED