Wound to wound

Hi Shannon,

I got a bleeding scratch wound on the outer ear near crus of helix area (still bleeding slightly as it was scratch only around a few hours ago). A friend help me to plaster a band aid on. She did not wear any gloves but she does seem to have cuts in her hands.

In the worst case scenario, if her cut wounds still have minor bleeding/serous fluids, and it came to contact with mine, and she is HIV/STD positive, is there any risk of HIV/STD through the incident above?

Should I get tested?

Thank you. 7th

Hi In this situation, the answer is: HIV transmission is possible, BUT not probable! There would have to be a large volume of blood, the cuts and scratches had to have happened on the hand/fingers on the way to your ear. There would have to be a prolonged exposure to the open areas and overall just is highly unlikely.

Blood on food - is transmission possible?
HIV transmission