Form of HIV transition

Hi shannon,my partner is + and am -, his viral load is undetected but I still have concern about how the virus is transmitted ,we use condoms 99% of the time, but other 1% we don't and he deosn't get erection,my question is for me to get the virus do I have to have wound,cuts ,open sore ,abrasions, some where in my body as a port of entry for this virus to enter,but if I don't have any of this opens than ,what other ways will the virus enter my body.And my second question is if we use condoms 100% with no incident do I still need to get tested every six month. Thank you for your help.

Hi First about condom use, they are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. Also if lubricant is used it must be water based. With your partner having an undetectable viral load and with the use of condoms the HIV transmission rate is extremely low. I do though say yes to continued testing at least once a year because there is never a guarantee that something could happen and it's better to find out sooner rather than later!. But again the risk of transmission in this scenario is extremely low. Second, yes there needs to be an open area, cut or wound an entry way for HIV to have a chance of transmission. The wound would need to be significant and there would need to be a significant amount of fluid infected with HIV for there to be a risk of HIV transmission.

Re(3): A question for relief
pls..pls...pls answer anybody..I am asking this 3 rd time...scary