RE: Indirect Sports Contact - Possible transmission?

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for the assurance. So I guess I do not need to go for a test?

On another note, I went back to play basketball again today, today I was the unlucky one. I got scratched on my ring finger, below the nail. its a 2 inch long scratch, but it does not seem to be very deep. I did bleed quite a bit, but it was not like gushing out. So I finish the game (around 15-20mins) first before I wash the wound and put some band-aids on it.

Through the course of the game, there were normal sports contacts made. So in the worse case scenario:

- there are other players who have bleeding scratch wounds that play with me during the time I have not place my band-aids. - the person who scratch me did have some dark color nail base. If lets say, he is HIV positive, and have some dry/fresh blood under the nail

Could a transmission occur? Do I need to get tested?

I need to be educated as I love to play basketball but lately these fears keep harping on me. Need your feedback. Thank you so much!

Best regards, Seventh

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission occurring through this activity. Continue playing basketball, just as Magic Johnson did after his own diagnosis. Continue taking care of cuts and scratches and covering them as they occur while playing, this is just a matter of good health care for yourself.

handjob hiv risk?
Re(3): A question for relief