The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

too scared please help me doctor

Jul 5, 2013

Hi, i am 22 yrs old male,three months befor i was with a girl in a bed befor having sex with her while she was on bed with her underware i pressed my hard penies on her vagina(no condom on) and she was wearing underware i dont know my penies went inside or not but this act last for 10-20 seconds. After one month i had rashes all over my body including on my penies,fever,cough and cold. Then i find out that she was hiv+ and she was on treatment,,so i went for hiv antibody test after 35 and 67 days after that incident both of them resulted in negative.. Now i am very scared i am thinking that i have got hiv form my stupid act three months befor. Sir pls let me know the changes of hiv from my situation

Response from Ms. Southall

HI HIV can not be transmitted through clothing and your testing so far is a good sign that you are HIV free from this experience. 90 days post exposure will give you conclusive results. The other thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection you need to protect yourself from. I would continue following up with your health care provider for evaluation of the rash. Also we do know that someone living with HIV and on treatment with an undetectable viral load decreases their risk of HIV transmission significantly. Your risk of HIV transmission through this experience is extremely low.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Sex with sexworkers
Chances of HIV?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint