Jul 5, 2013
Before one month, I did a safe sex with a prostitute, but I licked her vagina and it was unprotected. Yesterday I did the HIV test and it was negative, but in these two days I have a bad case of diarrhea. So my questions are: in my case I have the risk of HIV? And it can the symptoms appeared even if the test was negative?
Response from Dr. Wohl
This was not an exposure that could lead to HIV. Other sexually transmitted infections can be acquired during oral sex.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Kids Catch Genital Warts If Parents Have It?
- When Are Herpes Sores Healed?
- What Organs Are Affected By Syphilis?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.