Prc rna test
Jul 5, 2013
I have taken a pcr rna with detection <20 copies 10.5 days after possible exposure and one 29 days later along an hiv antibody by icma 1/0/2 test.
My questions are Is my 29 day rna prc test along with a icma antibody test suspenders and belt? The only reason I ask this is because I'm not sure of the generation of the icma test.
What generation is the icma test equivalent to? 2nd 3rd gen elisa?
Thanks dr wohl!
Response from Dr. Wohl
The undetectable HIV RNA at 10 and 29 days post exposure is reassuring. But, you should undergo the usual testing (12 weeks at least) to be certain regardless of antibody test in use.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.