The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Ngative on Dna pcr after 6 months plus on CMIA ag/ab after 7 months.

Jul 5, 2013

i had protected sex with csw in kolkata on 25 nov 2012...i had rashes becuase of non maintainence of personal hygeine on my pennis.after ejaculation i took off the condom and wid the same hand i touched(try to wipe th e semen but in this put vaginal fluid on pennis) pink part of pennis(tip of pennis) and foreskin was back which i also put forward so vaginal fluid was trapped between pink part and foreskin...forskin was really damaged ( this happened almost after after 30-35 sec of removing condom)...then after 3months i tested neg with hiv sd bioline kit... but after8 days i had ulcers on my pennis and 1 month after sex i had severe fatigue in hands and arms..rashes on my chest which remain there for 2 months and during these 3 months i took 3 times antibiotics for acute throat infection... after that after 140 days tested negative with elisa.later on after 167 days negative on CMIA ag/ab and undecteable on DNA pcr after 6 months..then again took antibody test using CMIA duo AG/AB negative....are these conclusive??? as i still have swollen lymph nodes for past 6 months under my arm pit and in groin area (checked by doctor)...but he couldn't find the answer..took serology for TB and x-ray and cbc...all normal...what should i do now??? why you recommend RNA PCR over DNA PCR???

Response from Dr. Wohl

No need for further testing. You are HIV negative.

Learned that Kolkata is another spelling for Calcutta. Thanks.


Who are the people?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint