Draw blood incident

Hi Doctor,

After a theoretical nipple suck incident, I went for HIV test after spending hell of 12 weeks. There is an incident happen to concern again at the time of giving the sample. I am feeling sad again to spend 3 more months to test.

Just before me, the phlebotomist had applied some antibotic onitment on earlier patient's needle stick wound.(There actually the phlebotomist came to contact of a drop of blood ). After less than 1 minute, with THAT SAME OINTMENT FINGER... she took cotton and applied alcohol and then rubbed on my arm and took the blood. After that she placed some fresh cotton on my needle stick wound.

I read that HIV can survive for couple of minitues at outside... What if, if HIV is still on her finger? That viruses are transported on my arm surface with her finger and those viruses can go deep into mine with a fresh needle or through needle stick open wound. Is there any chance of transmission?

No risk with nipple sucking and no risk with this finger touching incident. This is NOT how HIV is transmitted. It take a line up of just right conditions for infection to occur including enough virus present and delivery of that virus to cells that can be infected. Neither of your 'exposures' would qualify these conditions.

You have no risk and need not be getting your blood drawn.

Exposure Assesment
URGENT - 4 YEAR OLD - PENIS - TOILET SEAT