The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

am i at risk doctor?

Jul 2, 2013

Last week me and my buds went to six flags So i brought in like 3 gatorade bottle fill with water I had and open sore under my tongue I was sharing with a friend that likes top smoke cigar and drink beer I was wondering that maybe he could of been bleeding from his just a little and landed in the water - he is not HIV+ neither But the blood in the water could of gone in my open sore in mouth and get in blood stream and cause HIV+ IM SCARED Im 16 and i want to live a happy life Have kids and get married :'( I tend to panic and have OCD Because im scared of health Every single pain i tend to search it up on the internet nd it say it might me HIV and make even panic more PLEASE ANSWER DOC. I NEED YOUR HELP :(

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi No need to panic. No, you can not get HIV from touching or sharing an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid for a prolonged period of time. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid through blood, semen, vaginal fluid or mother to child through breast feeding. You cannot get HIV through casual contact, kissing, sharing utensils, mosquito bites etc.....

Be well and enjoy life!!!


Re(2): A question for relief
HIV Test

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint