RE: A question for relief

Thank you, that makes sense! But what do you mean by "the lowest"? Have you ever encountered any cases in your practice where HIV was transmitted to man that way(via cunnilingus)? Also, what is the general statistics? I read on some sites that there "were several cases" of infecting in that way and that doesn't make any sense to me because what is several? Like 10 times ok but people could lie etc. etc., but some sites state that "NUMEROUS studies have proven that HIV can be transmitted via oral sex", where is the truth in your opinion? One thing came to my mind: there are some pills that one has to place under the tongue to reach the desirable effect..doesn't it mean that the active components of the pill absorb in the bloodflow? And therefore isn't it the way for HIV to enter body??

Hi Oral sex carries the lowest risk of transmission. This is because there has to be a way for the virus to leave and enter the body. There has to be blood present from both parties as HIV is not transmitted through saliva. So the documented cases of oral HIV transmission are from folks who have poor dental hygiene, have just had dental work done etc..... If this were the only contact that someone had we would be more concerned about other sexually transmitted diseases and not HIV specifically.

Be well, Shannon

further clarification needed ^^
How about that blood?