Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

further clarification needed ^^
Jul 1, 2013

Hi MS Southall regarding to this http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Q229839.html

please answer and advice me accordingly.

1) is there a need to go for a HIV/ STDS test for my case as above?

2)if there is the need to go for a HIV/ STDS test, when should I go? and how many days after exposure? does the HIV test results prove to be accurate and conclusive after 90 days? 3) what are the chances of getting HIV/ STDS from drinking the breast milk? does the breast milk have any taste or smell?

4)what are the chances of getting HIV/ STDS for rubbing a penis against the ass crack?

5) what are the symptoms of HIV/STDS?

6) is it true that only a woman who has given birth produce breast milk? I heard that a woman who has never given birth also have the ability to produce breast milk?

7) what are the chances of getting HIV/ STDS from a handjob?

there is no cuts around my penis, no ulcer, sores or bleeding gums. 27 days after exposure from the handjob, since then,I didn't had any from of sex. I only had fever and cough. I never had any form of sex or oral sex at all before and after exposure. only a handjob.

sorry for asking again. I just want to be sure and safe. hope that you will reply.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi As I stated in the answer originally there is no risk involved in nipple sucking. The testing guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks post exposure then again in 90 days and as long as there were no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive. Breast milk is mother to child HIV transmission. The reasons for this are the ingestion of a large volume of milk. Breast milk is produced during pregnancy. Women may have discharge from their nipples when they are not pregnant and the risk of HIV transmission through this fluid is within the same risk of oral HIV transmission and carries a very low risk. There are other sexually transmitted infections that can be transmitted via skin to skin, HPV is one of them, each STI has it's own set of symptoms. There are no risk of HIV transmission through a hand job.

I hope this gives you a sense of relief that all that you have described carries either an extremely low risk or no risk.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
RE: Am I at risk?
Next
RE: A question for relief

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.