RE: Am I at risk?

I am rephrased my earlier post. After a theoretical nipple suck incident, I went for HIV test after spending hell of

12 weeks. There is an incident happen to concern again at the time of giving the sample. Just before me, the

phlebotomist had applied some onitment on earlier patient's needle stick wound.(There actually the phlebotomist

came to contact of a drop of blood ). After less than 1 minute, with THAT SAME OINTMENT FINGER... she took cotton

and applied alcohol and then rubbed on my arm and took the blood. After that she placed some fresh cotton on my

needle stick wound.

What if, if HIV is still on her finger?

She rubbed my skin surface with cotton and alcohol and used a fresh syringe. what if, if there is some hiv

contamination on my skin surface from her finger and then a syringe is used? I am feeling sad again to spend 3 more

months to test again...

I read that HIV can survive for couple of minitues... There is a possibility that HIV can still on her finger

surface and then it came to my skin surface and that hiv can enter into my blood stream with needle stick or needle

stick open wound... Is there any chance of transmission?

Hi There is no risk of HIV transmission in this manner. There has to be an immediate direct exchange of body fluid and there would need to be a larger volume of fluid than what was present during your situation. So again, you are HIV free from this experience.

condom
further clarification needed ^^