A question for relief
Jul 1, 2013
Hello Dr. Shannon. My question may sound incorrect but would you allow your partner to perform unprotected oral sex on you? Just to know my risks..thank you
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi Yes I would and yes we do! My viral load is undetectable which decreases the risk of HIV transmission. We are also aware of cuts or sores on both of us that would increase the risk some, but we do know that oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Rash Goes Away For Itself?
- If I Have Aids Or Hiv What Would Show Up Abnormal In Blood Tests?
- When Shingles Scab Up Are They Still Contagious?
- When Can I Return To Work After Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes With A Condom On?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.