Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

just a few questions about last night
Jun 30, 2013

Well, i've had my share of anxieties as a gay man in the past and have always tested negative, but now i have another lovely mental burden to ruminate over with remorseful glee while i go about my business!!!!

here goes last night i was drunk at some bars with my friends and i ran into a guy i've always found cute, who is hiv+. i am not hiv+. we chatted and stuff for awhile and made out a bit. not like all night. i would say like 2 or 3 minutes if that total. i take care of my teeth so does he. nothing scary.

he ended up performing oral on me for a bit. couldn't have been more than 2 minutes. So now you're thinking "come on. this is nothing to worry about". Welll....

A month ago or like a month & a half ago i discovered something weird on my penis. Freaked the F#$% out went to the Dr. got tested for EVERYTHING, and came back negative for everything. it was a relief that i'm sure you know of people experiencing. was SO sure i had herpes it was a little intra-personal mental fiasco but i didn't. still don't. i don't know what it was could've been a bug bite but the point is.... i took a regimen of doxycycline back then (and fully completed it) and that little guest went away like 2 weeks ago except for the smaaaalest trace/scar that no one would ever notice but me.

you can see the lil window for paranoia i bet. its not any kind of open sore, and was not last night. but i'm still a little concerned partly because i was tested like a month ago & it wouldn't make much sense to be tested right now as opposed to 3 months from now would it so it would be really great for me if you have some thoughts in the meantime.

Response from Dr. Wohl

There is no risk here so I would not test for anything more than you already have. DW

Previous
Worried mon of toddler!
Next
Medications

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.