Condom broke- discordant relationship

I'm a female, partner is HIV+ male. Vaginal sex, condom broke, he felt it, pulled out, and ejaculated outside. His last VL was undetectable range about 1 1/2 months ago. He 'felt' that there was no ejaculation inside of me. What is my risk- is there hope? I began PEP within 20 minutes of the event. I am numb, in shock as I write. should PEP be continued, how effective is it? What are my odds/chances.

I see pretty much no risk here. He is undetectable, he pulled out immediately, and to top it off you took PEP within minutes of the event. If you become infected it would be a topic for a major article in a medical journal.

Of course, condoms do break. The risk is less if it fits right and air is removed from the tip, so make sure your partner is putting the condom on correctly. Even if he is, expect that such accidents will happen and follow a plan that you and he and your health care providers agree to. Given he has an undetectable viral load whether you need PEP is open to some debate as his risk of infecting you, while not zero, is probably extremely low.

hiv risk and resuts
Worried mon of toddler!