Mercury Poisoning and HIV
Jun 30, 2013
Does mercury poisoning affect antibody and HIV DNA PCR test results? Basically, can it generate false negatives on either tests?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Doubt it. People concerned that their negative HIV test results may not be correct look for all sorts of reasons that could account for a false negative result. Good news is that the new combo (duo) test looks for virus as well as antibody. None of the things folks worry about could lead to false negative to both.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Risk With Condom
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- Which Is Better To Treat Genital Warts Tca Treatment Or Cream?
- Where Do The Breakouts Of Genital Herpes Show Up On The Body?
- What Precautions To Take For Syphilis At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.