|Mercury Poisoning and HIV
Jun 30, 2013
Does mercury poisoning affect antibody and HIV DNA PCR test results? Basically, can it generate false negatives on either tests?
| Response from Dr. Wohl
Doubt it. People concerned that their negative HIV test results may not be correct look for all sorts of reasons that could account for a false negative result. Good news is that the new combo (duo) test looks for virus as well as antibody. None of the things folks worry about could lead to false negative to both.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Did Freddie Mercury Get Aids?
- Black Spots After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.